10 quick recommendation to assist you with your online business
Renew Your Domain with Optimism : Domain name registration is affordable, if not downright cheap, so go ahead and renew your domain for at least the next five years.
- Renew Your Domain with Optimism: Domain name registration is affordable, if not downright cheap, so go ahead and renew your domain for at least the next five years. Be optimistic and spring for the whole decade. With most domain name registrars, you also get a discount on renewing for 10 years, which saves you in the long run.
- Spell check your content. This is the biggest mistake when publishing a site. Visitors and users will criticize your spelling mistakes. Take an extra 2 minutes to check the spelling errors in Microsoft Word or even Google. ShopFactory 9 also includes an automatic spell checker which saves you time while you work by highlighting all your spelling mistakes.
- Lots of people in our industry are young, bless their hearts. For those of us who've already seen our 40th birthday, small fonts are no fun. If your customers aren't all under 30, then consider using slightly larger fonts throughout your website.
- Fresh content can help improve your rankings. Add new, useful content to your website on a regular basis. Content freshness adds relevancy to your site in the eyes of the search engines.
- Do you have a new web site you want spidered? Submitting through Google’s regular submission form can take weeks. The quickest way to get your site spidered is by getting a link to it through another quality sites.
- SEO is useless if you have a weak or non-existent call to action. Make sure your call to action is clear and well placed.
- Focus your efforts on your website on visitor experience not traffic. Traffic is useless if you can’t convert it into paying customers. A visitor experience optimized website with 500 visits/day can bring you twice the income then an un-optimized one with 10,000 visits/day.
- For better SEO and usability label categories on how customers describe a product — not how the industry does. As an example, customers rarely refer to jackets as "Outerwear".
- Broadband is not an excuse to hog bandwidth or visitors time! Website load times are just as critical now as when we used dial-up modems. Optimize your pages to reduce load times. A Customer who experiences a delay of more than a second on a page load may simply leave your site.
- Seek Out Your Competition: “Believe it or not, your competition may not be your enemy. Without breaking anti-trust laws, and without harming your own interests — seek out the competition and find those willing to engage in honest discussions. Share information where possible. Approach suppliers as a consortium to get better pricing. Working together in certain circumstances, may benefit both parties.”