Copy data from one product to many
Probably one of the most powerful new features we have added to ShopFactory are Product Templates. They will allow you to copy just about any value from one product to as many other products as you want.
You can for example apply a special discount to all products by a manufacturer, all products on a page or all products in a shop. Or copy a product option such as gift-wrapping to all your products at once!
This is a huge feature and will a real time saver — We are finding new uses for it all the time. The function is explained here
A better stock control
We have also spent much time on improving stock control.
Not only will your customers now be able to see your stock levels displayed with a nice traffic light on our brand new and much improved product pages, managing Stock levels is now also much easier.
Right click on a Page to get the stock levels for all products on a page. Get a traffic light display to immediately see what is in stock and what isn't. Manually update stock levels by simply clicking on the traffic light in the stock level dialog and more.
Managing stocks has become a whole lot easier, and bundled products can be adjusted in one location, now. Find out how it works
Better looking Product pages
We have completely reworked the product pages — detailed view — as part of improving product display design. There are a number of clean new modern designs to choose from, and all include traffic light stock levels and tabs to manage the different information you want to display.
Note: To see the new More Details Pages in your shop you must select them first or create a new shop.
The simplest way to adjust the more details page style is to right click on Index 1 or Index 2 and select one of the new Detailed View page styles: CLT, CLI, SGK, SMI or TMI
We have also spent time on making ShopFactory 9.2 compatible with jQuery, a major programming language which allows adding many effects to your site, which previously used Flash. At the moment this will mainly help developers who want to create sites with moving banners, for example. We have included a website theme which uses a rotating Banner: 8-Base-BB Banner. You can simply change the images and links with the Add Banner Links function in ShopFactory.
There are also two page styles which support a rotating banner at the top: 8PAAI-Banner 1 and Banner 2
More jQuery functions will come in the future.
Better cache management
With modern browsers such as Internet Explorer 9 more aggressively caching pages we have improved ShopFactory's caching management. This ensures that customers will always see your very latest pages, and not the ones cached on a customer's computer. Of course we made sure that this is SEO compliant, and does not affect your search engine performance.
ShopFactory 9.2 allows disabling the Add to Basket dialog so your customers go to the Shopping Cart Page every time they add a product to the cart.
Of course we also resolved some issues such as a problem with special characters in words, which on some servers in some languages stopped search from working, fixed a 'sitemap' issue and another issue, which in specific circumstances prevented some products with specific options from being added to the basket, among others.
We hope you like the changes, and we will appreciate any feedback on this Beta release. We hope to move to full release as quickly as possible. A lot of changes were made, and it is never possible to test all the different functions in all different kind of shop combinations.
The following problems and functions have also been addressed:
- SF-293: Copy values from one product — Master product — to many others
- SF-260: Update design and functionality to search results pages.
- SF-302: Shipping page:
- Checkout button in German text is too short in Internet Explorer 7 and border of input fields are not visible enough on badly calibrated monitors.
- Select your currency heading adjusted for longer text and also for changes to colours
- SF-296: Pages are cut-off at preview in Internet Explorer 7 and Internet Explorer 8 for pages with long options.
- SF-123: Ability to disable 'add to basket popup' as in V9.0 and earlier via 'Global Settings'.
- SF-252: Replace right of return preset texts with adjusted text.
- SF-276: UPS: Zip code becomes undefined if you select 'deliver to different address'.
- SF-287: Fix 'stock level' dialog problems and improve it for Google release
- SF-308: Internet Explorer7 to Internet Explorer 9 issue: PHP Search does not work when the search word contains special characters such as 'äöü' or 'ß' or French accents such as 'è'
- SF-319: Due to server caching, prices and 'page contents' might display old contents in some situations
- SF-320: Tax message must be displayed in the a) Search result page, b) Specials page and c) Shop by Brand.
- SF-321: 'Sitemap' bug and SF link issue.
- SF-324: Some products with 'options and choices' cannot be added to basket.
- SF-325: "Stop Access to Website without password" is not going to the login page.
- SF-367: A number of issues with options
- SF-67: Stock Control: Maximum order quantity and allow buying if out of stock in V9 allow customer to enter products more than the max qty.
- SF-380: Can't enter a maximum order value in 'stock control'.
- SF-391: Publishing stock levels before you have published normally would fail if you didn't have 'stock control' on from a previous build
- SF-392: Allowing buying out of stock requires a 'rebuild all' to kick in.
- SF-399: Update, delete and create new product loops. Fixed Internet Explorer 7 display error when product loop does not have an image. Internet Explorer 7 cropped off the image area.
- SF-378: Design issue. Price cut off. Added line-height 1em
- SF-400: Option field "cut off" in Safari on iMac.
- SF-333: Add banner links. Link is not stored properly. Data wasn't properly copied into the right place when you moved an item to the right. You would have had to edit the link afterwards with the right information for the banner link to appear.
- SF-301: 'Favourites' page does not load in Chrome and FireFox.
- SF-386: 'Customize Design' - Wrong translations in Dutch and German
- SF-397: Incorrect shipping tax when shipping to a location with no tax applied.
- SF-404: 'MORE' under images text pushes everything out of line. 'More' text is now gone completely
- SF-422: Problems with Youtube on 'more details page'.
- SF-159: Update for Social Media Links: Google +1. Facebook Like, Google +1, Twitter only. Replaces all of the existing code. The user must re-add the code to Website HTML Code (they can delete the existing Website HTML Code entry, or keep it).
- SF-245: add jquery slideshow to banner links
- SF-211: Some active images are missing after doing File/cleanup
- The comparison between used files and unused files was case sensitive which meant that if the reference used a different cased name it would remove used images in the shop.
- Fixed the image scanning to use UNICODE like it should rather than ANSI.
- Fixed the log file output to be UTF8 encoded to work with international names.
- SF-299: LanguageLink loosing translated text
- SF-331: Buying-process line breaks in German.
- SF-358: 'elOrig' is Undefined error message in 'Internal Preview'.
- SF-316: Clicking 'Back' button at 'Product Detailed' page goes to 'Sitemap'.
- SF-334: 8-PDBMN-1 'Detailed view' product style: 'More details' link not working when adding a link in the 'cross promotion'.
- TT4148: Renaming page filename breaks the existing link to that page. Made it faster by only scanning for links when you save page rather than doing the whole updating of related links thing which is unnecessary when the page is saved, only required when the actual page or product page name changes.
- SF-384: Customization issue with 'price' font size and colour
- SF-402: The 'Shop by brand' page does not work properly when the 'Brand name' contains a "&" sign such as 'D&G' and 'Jill&Co'.
- the 'navClk' needs to be double encoded due to the loader url-decoding.
- Also changed search.php from 'urldecode' to just changing '+' to space.
- When you open the 'Find' pane, the edit control will now have focus like it should.